Cua logo small transparent

Dedication of Father O'Connell Hall

Catholic University’s newly renovated Father O’Connell Hall — built in 1914 and now LEED certified — was formally dedicated with an Oct. 17 ceremony featuring remarks by University President John Garvey, an invocation by Most Rev. Barry Knestout, auxiliary bishop of Washington, and self-guided tours of the building. The guest of honor was Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M., Diocese of Trenton, for whom the building is named. Bishop O’Connell, a CUA alumnus, served as University President for 12 years from 1998 to 2010 prior to his elevation to bishop. (Photos by Ed Pfueller and Rachael Salamone)